Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pregnancy Update

At the end of this week I will be considered full-term. According to babycenter.com, full term is considered 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.

I had my last check up last Tuesday and the appointment consisted of my usual weigh-in, urine sample and listening to babies heart beat. In addition to that I was told that the baby is in the head-down position and I also had my Group B Strep screening. I haven't heard anything back from the doctor's office so I'm assuming that everything is fine.

I will have weekly appointments from now on and that includes internal exams each week. The group practice that I go to has four different doctors and I see a different one with each appointment. I do have my favorite though and I'm hoping that she is on call when I go into labor. She delivered James and I was very pleased with the whole experience. My next appointment is this Friday with my favorite doctor. I'll let you know how it goes.

Overall I've been feeling great. There have been a couple changes that I've noticed recently. One is that I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions on and off, nothing really bothersome. I've also noticed a lot more pressure in my lower abdomen which makes it a bit more uncomfortable to walk as fast as I would like...ha ha! Everyone is always laughing at me because I walk so fast. This pregnancy has definitely slowed me down considerably. And lastly, I have to pee constantly!!

No comments: