Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Taking Turns Being Sick

Monday started out promising...The baby slept in (yes, 7:15 is sleeping in), Charlie and James were well behaved in the morning and got ready without incident, the parent/teacher conference at Charlie's school went well (according to his teacher, Charlie is Wicked smart).

It started going downhill around 10pm. Charlie came over to our room and got in bed beside me and told me that he couldn't get to sleep. A couple minutes went by and he was yawning. I asked him if he was alright and could go back to his bed. I took him back to his room and then tried to go back to sleep. Only a few minutes later I heard him crying and ran into his room to witness lots and lots of vomiting all over his bed. I felt so bad for him. I proceeded to change his sheets and clothes, clean him up and put him back to bed. A little bit after 1:00am the baby woke up and stayed up until around 2!! during that time Charlie had thrown up again on his floor. I cleaned him up again and back to bed he went with a little bucket beside the bed. I guess the baby finally went to sleep around 2:30 (it's all a blur) at which time I was finally able to get back to sleep...until around 5am when I heard Mike get up and vomit! In the end Mike and Charlie stayed home while I went to work, James went to daycare and the baby went with Nana and Grandad.

Mike and Charlie stayed home yesterday to recuperate. Today everyone seems to be feeling well again. It must have been one of those 24 hr bugs. I'm glad that the baby and James never got it.

It was a beautiful drive to work this morning. The trees look amazing with the snow on them. I can't wait to see how much more snow we end up getting this weekend.

No comments: